Comprehensive Employment Law Advocacy
George O. Tamblyn
George, a graduate of Cornell Law School (specialization in international law) has been a lawyer for over 50 years. Practicing in both Portland and Seattle, George has experience litigating matters in State and Federal Courts. George’s practice areas include Employment and Business and Corporate structures. He has litigated against most of the larger corporations in the Pacific Northwest. George is knowledgeable in all aspects of informal dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration. His decades of experience enable him to get to the heart of legal complex issues quickly.
As well as being a lawyer, George has been a client. Ownership and direct involvement in manufacturing and computer businesses gave him the perspective of a consumer of legal services.
During his career, George has served on many civic and bar-related organizations. In 2000, George took a 10-year sabbatical from the practice of law to attend graduate school in history and teach college-level history and law at several local universities and community colleges. He returned to active practice in 2010.
Fees: George tries to tailor fee agreements to fit his client’s needs.
“Resolution is our most important product.”
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- Business and Corporate Structures
- Cornell University Law School, Ithaca, New York
- Major: Specialization in International Legal Affairs
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Major: History
- University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh
- Honors: Winston Churchill Fellow
- Major: World War II Studies
- Colgate University, Hamilton, New York
- Major: English Literature
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit